3 ways to improve your resume: Tips from a recruiter and a career coach
The first thing we usually prepare when applying for a job is our resume, and I know you have a lot of questions.
During my chat with Anita Ziemer, MD at Slade Group - The Job Hunting Podcast #35 - she gave some good tips on how to improve your resume. I'd like to unpack her advice further in this live session with you! And check out my personal example in this video.
1. Name your organization and your job title: make sure you add two lines about the organization. Add 2 to 3 lines.
2. Under your responsibilities: it is usually easier to add many, but cut to 3 to 4 that best address the requirements of the job that you are applying for.
3. Under your achievements: these are more challenging to write but really important to convince the hiring manager or recruiter to invite you in for an interview. Check my examples and ideas on how to write them by watching this video.
- "Let me call you back" - Recruitment trends shaping the job market in 2020 https://www.renatabernarde.com/blog/35
- Australia and Me: A Conversation with Top 50 CMO Mohit Bhargava https://www.renatabernarde.com/blog/36
- "Job Hunting during Turbulent Times": https://www.renatabernarde.com/workbook
WATCH MY CAREER COACHING SESSIONS - LIVE AND RECORDINGS:
LISTEN TO THE JOB HUNTING PODCAST:
BOOK A LINKEDIN AUDIT WITH ME, USE THE LINK BELOW:
BOOK A CONSULTATION WITH ME, USE THE LINK BELOW:
FREE RESOURCES TO HELP YOU JOB HUNT AND PLAN YOUR CAREER:
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MY SERVICES:
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA: