94. The 3 critical mistakes job seekers make during a recruitment process: Feedback from recruiters.
What are the 3 critical mistakes job hunters make during the recruitment and selection process?
In this week's episode, I'm focusing on the 3 biggest mistakes job seekers make during the recruitment process. If you are a long-time listener of this podcast, these mistakes may not come as a surprise to you, but it may be worth listening to anyway. If you're anything like me, sometimes it's good to listen to advice on repeat to let it sink in!
The road to your new job just got easier
Job Hunting Made Simple is a 7-week and on-demand group coaching program for executives. It's a proven blueprint for creating a prosperous career, aligning your values, and attracting your next job.
Being technically sound and a generalist leader is not enough to get your new job or promotion. If you want to have control over your career outcomes, you need to blend your skills and expertise with a strong understanding of the value you add to the business and how recruitment and selection work.
Over the course of 7 weeks, I will deliver my proven framework to a group of executives who are ready to take control of their careers. I’ve developed and continue to enhance my coaching framework with extensive job market research, learning from experts, recruiters, and clients.
This is a comprehensive framework that takes you step-by-step towards your next job. My goal is to make this journey faster, without the guesswork and stress commonly involved in career transition.
- Develop a strong career plan that you can use for years to come.
- Learn how to position yourself to stand out in a sea of candidates.
- Think like a recruiter or employer, so you know how to pitch to them successfully
- Gain a greater understanding of current trends in executive recruitment so that you can ensure your executive presence, skills and experience are highly valued in today’s job market.
- Improve your negotiation skills, so you lock in the best new contract for your next job.
- Enrollment deadline: Monday 16 August 12 PM AEST
- Program dates: from 23 Aug to 8 Oct 2021
- The program is yours to keep and available on-demand so you can watch the recordings and use the resources whenever you need them.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact me.
Podcast Episode Timestamps:
- 03:08 - About Job Hunting Made Simple
- 06:34 - Mistake #1
- 09:29 - Mistake #2
- 12:45 - Mistake #3
- 16:47 - Bonus
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Enrollment is open for a limited time for my online course & group coaching program, Job Hunting Made Simple
- The Job Hunting Podcast episodes with recruiters:
Other ways to enjoy this podcast:
Are you new here? If so, here is a bit about me:
Hello, I’m Renata Bernarde, the Host of The Job Hunting Podcast. I’m also a virtual career coach, job hunting expert, and career strategist. I teach corporate, non-profit, and public professionals the steps and frameworks to help them find great jobs, change, and advance their careers with confidence and less stress. If you are 1) an ambitious professional who is keen to develop a robust career plan, 2) looking to find your next job or promotion, or 3) you want to keep a finger on the pulse of the job market so that when you are ready, and an opportunity arises, you can hit the ground running – then this podcast is for you.
Enjoy the episode and ciao for now.
Renata Bernarde | Job Hunting Expert | Founder, Pantala Academy