81. A career coach's top tip for job interview preparation to guarantee your best performance.
Coffee hacks to help you prepare for a job interview.
Did you know that coffee and caffeine can help you prepare and perform better for your job interview? As if we needed more reasons to drink it, right?! But in all seriousness, you need to be very careful how and when you drink your caffeine before a job interview. Listen to this episode to find out why!
Don't you drink coffee? Don't worry! Even if you don't like coffee, other caffeine drinks and chewing gums can help you perform at your best during job interviews or those important work presentations, boardroom meetings, and crucial negotiations you may have coming up in your work and career.
And if you're thinking of skipping this episode because you don't take any caffeine at all, stick around because I have options for you too! I discuss caffeine-free strategies at the end of this episode.
But I love coffee, and many people around the world do too. So I'm delighted that coffee can be a powerful tool in a job search. So I will give you a couple of tips on incorporating a coffee routine to help your job interview performance.
So, grab a cup of coffee (or tea!) and enjoy the episode!
Podcast Episode Timestamps:
- 05:07 - Why caffeine?
- 17:38 - Research about caffeine
- 21:11 - Coffee strategy
- 25:30 - Renata's recommendations
- 29:17 - What if you don't like coffee or can't take caffeine?
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Video of a person trying Military Gum
- Placebo effect article from Monash University
- Caffeine study by ADF
- Effects of caffeine study by Australian defense force
- Performance and caffeine
- Caffeine's effects on cognitive, physical, and occupational performance
- Can Avoiding Caffeine Boost Your Athletic Performance?
- Why regular coffee intake could worsen sports performance
- Click here to open the transcript of this episode.