48. Emerging jobs and technologies - with Associate Professor Catherine Ball.
This episode was recorded LIVE during the 2020 Digital Innovation Forum (#DIF2020), organized by the Department of Job, Precincts, and Regions, State of Victoria, Australia. When the opportunity arose, I immediately thought of Catherine Ball as a perfect guest for this partnership between The Job Hunting Podcast and #DIF2020. She's full of energy and generous in sharing her ideas, knowledge, and advice. There was very little prompting needed from me!
Catherine is one of the most prolific, efficient professionals and entrepreneurs I know. She also blends entrepreneurialism, academia, and corporate life seamlessly, at least from the outside. I am sure there's a great deal of hard work going on to keep all her engines going; she gives us a little bit of insight into how she manages it all.
This episode is one to be enjoyed and listened to a couple of times. It's also full of optimism and hope for an amazing future of work.
Catherine is currently promoting a masterclass on Influence and Leadership, which if you are lucky you may be able to access for free using this link below - if not it's still pretty cheap, so I recommend you invest it in if you are interested in managing a portfolio career or starting your own business consulting on the side: CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS.
Timestamps to guide your listening:
- 04:42 – Catherine’s career journey.
- 09:48 – Managing a portfolio career and entrepreneurial projects: How does she do it!?
- 16.22 – How to charge for your services when you are a consultant.
- 18:22 – STEM and innovation.
- 27:45 – Diversity and innovation.
- 29:11 – Let's talk jobs! In-demand jobs in the (very near) future.
- 33:27 – Emerging jobs and technologies: for entry-level professionals, mid-level managers, and executives.
- 36:23 – Senior executives and technology.
- 42:38 – Emerging technologies: How is Australia faring?
- 48:32 – Final words of wisdom.
- Download a transcript of this episode
Resources and Services Mentioned in This Episode:
- The Job Hunting Podcast episode with Div Pillay: 39. What leaders need to know: How to get business outcomes with diversity and inclusion - with D&I Expert Div Pillay
- World of Drones Congress
- World of Drones Education, the Design a Drone Competition
Rate & Review on Apple Podcast:
Please consider rating and reviewing my show. This helps me reach more people just like you who want guidance and support in job hunting and career advancement! Click here, scroll all the way to the bottom, tap to rate with 5 stars, and select "Write a review". Then let me know in a few words what you think about the show and how it has helped you. And you have haven't already, don't forget to subscribe!
Free tools & where to listen to The Job Hunting Podcast:
- My website
- Subscribe to the newsletter and access free tools to help you advance in your career
- Where to listen/subscribe/follow to The Job Hunting Podcast
- Where to watch the live career coaching sessions
Find out more and book my career services:
- Book a consultation with me
- Book a LinkedIn Audit
- Learn more about my online course: The Job Hunting Made Simple
Enjoy the episode, and don't forget to subscribe and follow this Podcast!
Ciao for now!
Renata Bernarde | Virtual Coach | Career Management Strategist | Job Hunting Expert
Host, The Job Hunting Podcast
Founder & Chief Coach, Pantala Academy
Managing Director, Pantala Pty Ltd
Level 14, 333 Collins Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000 Australia