38. A lesson in personal agility - with New World of Work expert Marianne Roux.Jul 13, 2020
A few weeks ago, Marianne Roux and I caught up for the second time for this podcast. The first time we spoke, in episode 25, it was when the COVID pandemic had just started, and we discussed how to help job hunters during the COVID-19 pandemic. It was an excellent opportunity for me to share with the listeners of The Job Hunting Podcast a great talk with an expert in the New World of Work. Marianne has been preparing companies for disruption for a long time, so I knew she would be helpful to job hunters too!
In this episode (38), we reviewed and revised what has been happening in the job market and the economy in the past months, how she feels her clients are responding to it, how we think the world is adjusting to new ways of working doing business. It was an excellent opportunity for both of us to catch up, and the podcast gives me a platform to share that conversation with you to take away from its ideas and tips that may help you with your job hunting and career plans.
Marianne has 28 years’ global experience as a New World of Work Strategist, Professor of Practice in Executive and MBA Education, and an HR Executive. She currently runs Roux Consulting, a global consulting firm with 15 collaborators around the world. She advises, consults, and facilitates training to organizations across the globe on how to deal with changes in the workforce that are to do with jobs of the future, artificial intelligence, and all of the changes in the industrial world that will affect the way that we work as teams, as corporations around the globe. Marianne advises and helps organizations and their employees adjust to changes as they happen and prepare them for changes that are coming in the future. Little did we know that some of the changes she has been forecasting and advising her clients would be knocking at our door much sooner than anticipated.
Timestamps to guide your listening:
- 4:55 - Marianne shares what her observations are from the start of the pandemic until now.
- 16:12 - What is personal agility
- 21:17 - What does "becoming complex as a professional" mean
- 25:47 - Developing a growth mindset
- 30:57 - 2020 trends and beyond
I hope you enjoy this chat with Marianne.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Ibis World Industry Call and Do Not Call List
- Why Personal Agility is the Superpower we all need to thrive now
- Episode 25: The new world of work: How to pivot your career in a crisis (COVID Series)
- Find out more about Marianne’s work, online course, and book
- Click here to open the transcript of this episode on our new blog.