2. The reason why you may be struggling at job interviews.
In this episode, I talk about the importance of practicing for interviews by going to interviews! Nothing beats the real deal when it comes to developing the expertise in nailing an interview situation. So, waiting to play your cards only when you find the perfect job is a risky move.
What you want is to have “built the interview muscle” and gain experience in being on the spot, talking about your skills, your experience, answering questions, etc., so that when a great opportunity or job comes your way, you are ready for it.
In sum, you may be struggling with interviews because, quite frankly, you don’t have experience in doing them. And therefore, your stress level is blocking your ability to shine.
Listeners will also learn that I have some bills to pay, but who doesn’t! All the bits and pieces are there, my friends. Zero editings are needed!
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Compared my voice with Elizabeth Holmes’: Did Elizabeth Holmes Fake Her Deep Voice?
- Recruitment books written by recruitment expert Geoff Morgan and his business partner Andrew Banks: Amazon Books.
- Ish: The Problem with our Pursuit for Perfection and the Life-Changing Practice of Good Enough, Book by Lynne Cazaly.
- Download a transcript of this episode