165. 7 strategies to help you job hunt during the holidaysDec 19, 2022
Many professionals use the downtime of the holiday season to search for new job openings. There are many benefits of job searching during this time of the year. Firstly, you have more networking opportunities and have conversations with a diverse range of people, which can open you up to ideas and opportunities you may not have considered before. And even though fewer jobs may be advertised, at least you have more time to apply!
In this episode recorded earlier this year, I share 7 strategies that I believe can help you job hunt during the festive season, even if you are traveling. I recorded this episode after having traveled and worked for 50 days, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it went.
I also started noticing that some clients are more productive than others. So I started paying attention to common traits my clients have that allow them to move ahead of the game and speed up results in their job searches. So, here are the 7 qualities and strategies that I have identified as successful job-hunting strategies when I work with my clients. I hope you enjoy listening to this episode.
This free resource can help you during your holiday job search
The Optimized Job Search Schedule is a vital tool to help you manage your job search during the holidays. In fact, I originally created this free resource for the holiday job seeker! Download it for free here.
- The importance of asking questions (03:29)
- Being ok with not knowing and happy to learn (06:14)
- Being disciplined (08:39)
- Developing a consistent professional brand (10:59)
- Knowing how to connect with others(12:22)
- How rest contributes to performance (14:36)
- The importance of getting the help you need to succeed (17:30)
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Theodore Roosevelt's speech "The Man in the Arena"
- A podcast episode with my friend Marianne Roux
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter
- Find My Talents: Learn about your strengths, and watch your career grow