152. How to work while traveling: A guide for small business owners, job hunters, and corporate professionals.
Many of us are already used to working from home, and working in a different location wouldn't be much different. I recently traveled overseas and realized that working while traveling allows you to learn more about yourself, your lifestyle, and the people around you. It also improves your communication and organizational skills.
It can be uncomfortable to work outside your home or work office. There can be many unexpected and stressful things that might happen, but it can also be one of the best things you can do in life! So, here are some of my tips if you're planning to travel soon while working or job hunting.
Podcast Episode Timestamps:
- 2:42 - Define what you want to get out of your travels.
- 4:00 - Create a structure that supports the lifestyle you want.
- 5:24 - Overcommunicate with your manager and colleagues.
- 10:06 - Hold yourself accountable for meeting expectations.
- 18:47 - Travel with people who understand remote working.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Harvard Business Review article: How to Work and Travel at the Same Time by Pam Kosanke
- Link to book a discovery call to work with me as a private client
- Portable Monitor for Travelling
- My Logitech camera
- Download the Optimized Job Search Schedule
- Calendly scheduling tool
- Movie with George Clooney: Up in the Air
- Follow me on Instagram
- Learn more about my services
Other ways to enjoy the podcast: