140. The one thing every successful executive has in common (Rebroadcast).
Dedicating time to planning your career is an excellent long-term investment.
In this podcast episode, I address one of the most important questions I ask prospective coaching clients when they want to get fast results in their careers. I ask them, "are you dedicating time to this project?" If not, are you willing to? Because achieving your career goals will only happen if you incorporate into your life a work routine to a) sustain your career, b) ensure you progress towards your goals, and c) keep the opportunities coming to you in the long term. In this episode, I provide four tips so you can find the time, use it well, and incorporate career planning into your routine.
I get it: It's challenging to know what to do and how to spend your time:
Should you be online having virtual coffees with your connections?
Or is it better to spend your time searching and applying for jobs online?
How can you look for work when you have a full-time job?
Job hunting and career planning can be exhausting. The anxiety and lack of confidence are debilitating when you're doing it on your own. It's exhausting to figure out what to do without guidance. And there's so much information online, but the information overload we experience daily drains our capacity to think and plan strategically for our life, career, and future happiness.
Time management tips for job hunters and career planners:
In this episode, we will discuss four strategies you can implement to manage your time better:
- Make a date with yourself.
- Make things more accessible and more streamlined with templates.
- Find time to test, plan, and prepare.
- Be in the moment.
Imagine job hunting without stress, confusion, and not feeling overwhelmed! I hope you enjoy this episode. Let me know what you think by following me on social media!
- 03:13- Make a date with yourself: once a day, week, quarter - schedule it
- 06:55 - Prepare templates to support your career.
- 08:18 - Test, plan, and prepare: things you can do when you have time and don't need a job or promotion.
- 11:40- Be in the moment.