135. Podcasting for corporate professionals: How to start your own podcast and how to be a guest.
Have you ever thought of having your own podcast? Or have you been invited to be a guest on a podcast?
In this episode, I share everything I have learned while setting up The Job Hunting Podcast. And I discuss it from the perspective of a corporate professional willing to participate in the podcast world, as opposed to a business owner like me.
I have found that more and more corporate professionals are considering using podcasts to amplify their reputation, or alternatively, as an outlet for a hobby completely separate from day-to-day work. Moreover, many professionals are now being asked to be guests on podcasts, so I also discuss what to do if that happens to you. And if you want to be a guest, I give tips on how to approach a podcast host.
I hope you enjoy this interesting topic. I have often suggested hosting a podcast or being a guest to clients who are on career breaks or between jobs. Now I can share my tips and ideas with you.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Reset Your Career
- Lapel microphone I bought when I first started my podcast *
- Dual lapel microphone *
- Podcast recorded with the dual lapel mic: The Job Hunting Podcast Episode 23 with Janet Sernack
- Podcast recorded with the dual lapel mic: The Job Hunting Podcast Episode 36 with Mohit Bhargava
- My current podcast microphone: Samson Q2U *
- Samson boom arm *
- My next podcast microphone: Rode PodMic Cardioid Dynamic *
- Podbean host platform - you can start on a free subscription
- Alternative podcast host - Buzzprout
- Guests that found my podcast and reached out: Michael Yinger, Natalie and Lisa from Own Your Health
- I schedule my guests using Harmonizely, but it's been phased out and replaced by SimplyMeet
- Cianna Reider, Podcast Virtual Assistant
- Softwares we use to edit the podcast: Audacity, Filmora, Descript
- Design platform we use to create banners and social media posts: Canva
- Chat10Looks3 podcast, a private endeavor produced by ABC journalists Leigh Sales and Annabel Crabb
- Too Peas in a Podcast
- A thorough article on how to start a podcast.
- Click here to open the transcript of this episode.
* These are Amazon affiliate links. If you buy using this link, a small % of your purchase supports this podcast. Thank you so much for your support!
My podcast and home office set up.