134. The 5 things no one tells you about job-hunting.
There are challenges in job hunting. For some professionals, these challenges are enough to make them avoid job hunting altogether. However, there are huge benefits for professionals who embrace the challenge of changing jobs, such as obtaining higher wages and more flexibility.
So, it’s crucial for professionals to move jobs, or at least learn how to move jobs so they can do so confidently when the time is right. In this episode, we look at the five things no one tells you about job hunting so you can prepare for them. If you know what they are, you can plan, address, and conquer the five challenges that may keep you from progressing in your job search and securing the job you want.
[00:58] Linkedin tip: connecting vs. following
[05:17] Changing jobs every 2 to 3 years: Why do it?
[08:26] Number 1: You need to sell yourself
[11:30] Number 2: You need to do the work, not just plan for it.
[16:00] Number 3: You need to make time
[18:12] Number 4: Pitch then plan
[19:46] Number 5: You don't have to be all grown up and boring
- Follow me on LinkedIn
- Follow me on Instagram
- Follow me on Twitter
- Follow me on Tiktok
- Follow me on Facebook
- Join my Facebook Group
- Guy Kawasaki’s book I love: Reality Check
- Learn about my career services on my website.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for job hunters and career enthusiasts.
- Learn about my group coaching and online course, Job Hunting Made Simple.
- Download my free resource - Optimized Job Search Schedule: Free Workbook and Masterclass, to start a successful job search routine.
- Click here to open the transcript of this episode.