125. Stop praising hard work: 5 strategies to get you out of the “rat-race”.
It is now easier than ever before to work harder, for longer hours, every day, from anywhere, and at any time. We check our phones constantly. We answer calls when we are driving, walking, cooking. Keeping up with work is a "rat race" and a real trap. We work so hard, yet we lose focus of our dreams and our values.
It's too easy to stay locked into hard work mode. Hard work is praised in almost every culture. It is also how we introduce ourselves to others. "How have you been?". "Super busy, working a lot, but fine!" It's how we start conversations and know we believe that we add value to the world. It's through hard work.
But is it a solution to your career problems? I don't think it is.
Listen to this episode of The Job Hunting podcast and find out a few of my strategies to get you out of the "rat race" and move forward in your career.
How can you get out of this situation:
- Change your mindset: Remember that being busy all the time can be a trap and keep you from achieving your dreams
- Carve out time to reset: Find time to implement the following tips.
- Create systems and processes: This will help you do the work you are already doing more efficiently.
- Get better at delegating: We were designed to work as a team! Make sure you're not adding too much to your plate.
- Get better at letting go: Take a break from everything. Resting your mind is vital for your well-being.
[00:45] Stop being busy all the time.
[07:24] Tip Number 1: Change your mindset.
[08:04] Tip Number 2: Carve out time to reset.
[09:05] Tip Number 3: Create systems.
[11:33] Tip Number 4: Learn to delegate.
[13:38] Tip Number 5: Learn to let go.