173. How not to be "ghosted" by recruitersFeb 13, 2023
As job seekers, we've all experienced the frustration of being "ghosted" by recruiters during the recruitment process. It's an all too common scenario - you put in the time and effort to apply for a job, only to never hear back from the hiring manager or recruiter. But why does this happen?
In this episode, I discussed the root causes of poor recruitment behavior, including the impact of virtual interviews and the role of technology in the process. Join me as I explore the challenges recruiters face, and how you can avoid being a victim of job scams, ID theft, and applying for positions that don't actually exist.
I provided four practical tips to avoid being ghosted and answered some questions from my listeners.
Timestamps to guide your listening:
- 09:26 - Tip #1: Know your area of expertise and be sharp
- 12:52 - Tip #2: Do your research
- 18:00 - Tip #3: Be comfortable discussing salaries
- 20:40 - Tip #4: ATS can be what blocking you
- 22:59 - Question #1: How to fix a broken bridge?
- 27:46 - Question #2: Is it true that calling the hiring manager before the application can help maximize the chance of application success?
- 31:31 - Question #3: Conversations with recruiters
Links mentioned in this episode: