170. Do you want a job change or a career change?Jan 23, 2023
When considering a change in your professional life, it's important to understand the difference between a job change and a career change. While they may seem similar, they involve different levels of commitment and require different approaches. On the one hand, a career change can be a big decision, but with the proper research, planning, and mindset, you can find a new path that brings you fulfillment and success. On the other hand, your dissatisfaction with your current situation may be solved by changing jobs and finding a new workplace better suited to your strengths, personal values, and career drivers.
In this episode, I discussed the difference between a career change and a job change and outlined strategies to help you decide your next steps.
Timestamps to guide your listening:
- 04:48 The biggest enemies to change, according to Steven Pressfield
- 08:29 The importance of thinking and writing about what you want in a job
- 11:52 Map out what your future would look like
- 16:38 The importance of doing research
- 20:08 Getting the help you need to achieve your goals