153. 7 Strategies to job-hunt effectively and get your next job faster.
This month, three coaching clients are starting new jobs. It is such a fantastic feeling for them and me to achieve this much-wanted result. And these are not just any jobs. These are excellent, special opportunities aligned with my clients' career goals and paying well. I like to think I had a hand in helping them. But as my client pool grows, I also have started to notice that some clients are more productive than others. So I started paying attention to common traits my clients have that allow them to move ahead of the game and speed up results in their job searches.
So, here are the 7 traits and strategies that I have identified as successful job hunting strategies when I work with my clients. I hope you enjoy listening to this episode.
- The importance of asking questions (03:29)
- Being ok with not knowing and happy to learn (06:14)
- Being disciplined (08:39)
- Developing a consistent professional brand (10:59)
- Knowing how to connect with others(12:22)
- How rest contributes to performance (14:36)
- The importance of getting the help you need to succeed (17:30)
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Theodore Roosevelt's speech "The Man in the Arena."
- A podcast episode with my friend Marianne Roux
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter
- Sign up for a Free Job Hunting Masterclass happening on the 5th and 6th of October
- Join the waitlist for the group coaching - Job Hunting Made Simple