102. How to feel motivated when looking for work.
Which one of these 3 job hunters are you:
- You need to find a corporate job as soon as possible, but you are exhausted and have zero motivation;
- You don't know how to get your job search going: every time you start, you quickly give up; or...
- You're not sure if you're doing the right things or important things, and this anxiety creeps up on you and affects your motivation.
If you can relate to 1, 2, or 3, then this episode is for you! Let’s get those motivational juices flowing!
I’m going to address 8 tips to help you stay focused and motivated, and I also have a final bonus recommendation at the end that I think is the most important of all:
Tip#: Treat it as a personal project nor a job hunting project.
Tip#2: Gamify your project: create challenges, rewards, develop and test strategies
Tip#3: Follow a routine and stick to it
Tip#4: Fall back or advance your routine as you get more or less motivated.
Tip#5: Do the hardest things first.
Tip#6: Read books or watch movies and documentaries that inspire you.
Tip#7: Include playtime and rest as part of your routine.
Tip#8: Bookend your days with a gratitude journal.
Bonus Tip: Listen to the episode to find out!
- 03:41 - 1: Treat your job hunting as if it was a personal project
- 06:02 - 2: Gamify your project
- 06:52 - 3: Follow and stick to a routine
- 08:40 - 4: Fall back or advance your routine as you get more or less motivated
- 11:14 - 5: Do the hardest things first
- 12:59 - 6: Read books or watch movies and documentaries that inspire you
- 14:07 - 7: Include rest and play as part of your routine
- 15:32 - 8: Have a gratitude journal
- 17:03 - 9: Bonus Tip
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Free Optimized Job Search Schedule: Workbook & Masterclass
- Lynne Cazaly’s post on LinkedIn
- The Job Hunting Podcast episode 61 with Lynne Cazaly
- The Job Hunting Podcast episode 93: The one thing every successful executive has in common
- The Five-Minute Journal
- Click here to download the transcript of this episode.